Sunday, February 13, 2011

Roxie Hart ~ Marionette

Marionette Roxie Hart


Lately I have been catching Chicago the movie on TV and beside the great music and captivating choreography I was very intrigued with Rene Zellweger's makeup during the song "We both reached for the gun." If your not familiar with it, in this scene Roxie is dressed up like a marionette and is being controlled by Billy Flynn Her lawyer. Her makeup in this scene is great at making her look like a doll. More than just a doll but a marionette! I loved the look so much I really wanted to recreate it. After my attempt my husband said he and I are going as Roxie Hart and Billy Flynn to the next costume party! Ha ha

The look took me about 2-1/2 hours and with a little more preparation and the right tools I think I can get the time down to about 1 hour. I really enjoyed doing this look. I enjoy the more unusual creative looks rather than the everyday or sexy smoky eye looks.

Roxie Hart Marionette
Face
Dermalogica, Multi Vitamin Toner
Go-Theriputicals, 15% Vitamin C
Kate Somerville, Dermal Energizing treatment
Murad, Essential-C eye cream SPF 15 ~ Around eyes
Dermalogica, Sheer Tint Moisturizer, Light
Cover FX Skin Prep, Nourishing foundation primer & anti-aging serum ~ face
MAC, Studio Sculpt SPF 15 foundation, NC20
Cover FX, Cream Foundation, C30 ~ blemishes
Cover FX, Loose setting powder, light
Cover FX, Powder foundation, B25 ~ contouring

Eyes
MAC, Orb, Prized ~ all over
MAC, Shroom ~ Highlight
MAC, Print, Copperplate, Fabulous Feline ~ Crease
MAC, Brown Down ~ Eyebrows
UD, Zero 24/7 liner ~ Liner, top bottom, water lines
UD, Perversion ~ Over zero
MAC, Vanilla pigment ~ Center eye lid
Bad Gal Lash ~ Mascara
Sephora black Mascara
Individual lashes to outer half, top and bottom

Cheeks
MAC, Dollymix
MAC, Chéz Chéz Lamé ~ Highlight cheeks/ nose/ chin

Lips
MAC, Natural ~ Liner
MAC, Omega ~ on Liner
ELF, Royal Red ~ lip stick





Hope you liked the look.
Thanks for reading and have a dolly day!

American Cutie Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment