Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fairydrops - Scandal Queen Mascara

Fairy Drops Scandal Queen Mascara
$24.oo us Available only at Sephora



Fairydrops Scandal Queen is available exclusively at Sephora in the United States and comes in black only. (But is available in different formulaes and colors in Japan)  It was originally created by a Japanese TV personality Aya Yasuda. It is a volumizing, water and sweat-resistant mascara with a unique patented in Japan applicator wand. The formula is infused with fibers to help lengthen and thicken that looks kind of like all of your little eyelashes are falling off and accumulating in the mascara tube. Not the case! ha ha,  The applicator is the most unique part about this product. The wand looks like like three fuzzy black pearls strung together and then curved in to hug your lashes. The brush is densely packed with bristles so coverage is super easy to get and with the unique shape of the drops, the round tip makes it easy to apply to your lower lashes. The outside packaging is super cute! Very Vegas style, bright, flashy, and fun! The tube and wand are very sturdy too.



I was a little skeptical about the formula and the density of the bristles. I haven't had much luck with denser wands but the spacing and shape of the wand really helps out. It is a little clumpy on the wand at first when removing it from the tube, just stick it back into the tube and remove the wand while rubbing the application side of the wand against the lip of the tube. Once you have a clean side to apply with, it goes on great! Every now and then because of the fibers in the formula you'll get clumps on your lashes. The formula takes a little longer than a couple swipes to dry so you have time to use an eyelash comb and remove any clumps (if any) carefully without removing the length the fibers have given.
(I like using Sephora's eyelash/ brow comb)

Fairydrops holds curl very well! It has about an 7 hour hold and for me that is HUGE! My lashes have NO natural curl... ha ha. If you find them starting to fall at anytime just a little touch-up with the old eyelash curler and they are brought back to life! The formula dries fully and non-tacky so whipping out the curler at any time works well and without the need of the eyelash comb after, for separation. It can get a little flaky after this but not every time. In terms of water and sweat resistant, I feel it does okay in that area, it doesn't smudge and is fairly easy to get off with makeup wipes or any facial cleanser, but I wouldn't say it is the best choice for summer time at the beach...ha ha if you wear mascara to the beach that is!

This mascara is a bit pricey but I really think it is a great product. It helps my short uncurled lashes come to life! It lengthens, curls and brightens the windows to my soul!

First Two pictures are without mascara or curling.
 Warning...please ignore the brows and lack of makeup in some pictures... ha ha 


The last four pictures have two light coats of Fairydrops and have been curled.

A special thanks to Noel for suggesting this product. If you have a product you would like me to review let me know.

Have bright eyed beautiful day!
Your American Cutie Beauty ~ Jamie

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally want to try this now, right now I'm using the waterproof bad gal lash and haven't found anything I like better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that the water proof option on any mascara is better. I am not a fan of the Bad Gal lash but don't have the water proof one. It came in my VIB 500 point perk from Sephora! But this mascara is for sure worth trying I just bought my second one.

    ReplyDelete