Monday, January 17, 2011

BeautyFix.com Winter Pt.1, Nailtiques

Nailtiques Nail Protein
$17.50 us, 0.5 fl. oz.


Me and my infinite wisdom decided sewing was going to be my hobby for the day. I hadn't touched a sewing machine in YEARS! And it showed! Ha ha, not in the work I did, that came out perfect, it was my left index finger that showed my inexperience with a nice needle hole cleanly through my nail. OUCH! After it stopped bleeding I applied the Nailtiques formula #2 to it and forgot about it. At the point of entry there are some layers that are screaming at me to pick at them, so I put a coat of formula #2 and the layers disappear. The puncture wound is healing so well and the nail is still very healthy around the area and hasn't peeled yet.

Nailtiques have three different protein formulas for maintenance/protection, fix/prevent, and balance. Formula #2 treatment is for soft, peeling, bitten, weak or thin nails. Some of the ingredients including hydrolyzed keratin, protein, and calcium. Formula #2 helped strengthen my nails and keep them from peeling. I apply it every night before I go to bed and the drying time is like nothing. It takes about 2 minutes for it to dry almost completely. It has also made my cuticles much healthier. I couldn't have gotten this at a better time. I do however after getting out of a shower have to remove the layers by peeling back the already peeling nail polish. This doesn't hurt or damage my nails but I have to star over with building up the layers on my nails. I did this one day in the morning time and didn't put on a new coat till I got home that night. During the day my nail beds started to hurt, like I had just put on acrylic nails and they hardened to tightly. So be careful when exposing your nails to air after having the protein on for a while.

I really like this product from it's claims to it's drying time. They all are pretty awesome. It can be used with nail polish as well, for those who love to wear nail polish.


Packaging:4/6, Value:8/9, Formula:19/21
Overall: 88%


BeautyFix.com is seasonal quarterly beauty program in which you pay $50 to sample 8 beauty products from makeup & hair to nails & skincare. The awesome part about this program is that for the $50 I paid I got $400 worth of products for my first shipment. My second shipment was a bit more realistic in regards to how much I paid to the value of products I received. For the $50 I paid I got $133.31 in products. Some of the products are from well-known brands and some of them from brands I have never heard of. Since I started this program in the Fall, some of the brands I had never heard of are now on my favorite beauty store's shelves.

Even though the product choices from Fall to Winter did not change, there is enough choices to go through before I cancel if the choices never change, or I can continue to get the products I like at a discounted price every time I run out. Ha ha This time through I did notice that the really cool items like makeup brushes and makeup were sold out the first day of the new calendar season. I may need to be faster for spring. I am excited to see new products for Spring so here's hoping.

If you decide to join Beautyfix.com with me, mention my name and or email jamiekind@gmail.com and you'll be helping me to get my next kit free! To sweeten the deal they have a first order discount . Enter code BFIX5 at checkout and get your first order for $19.99!!! Shipping is always free!

Your American Cutie
Jamie Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment