Thursday, September 2, 2010

MAC ~ Burmese Beauty


Burmese Beauty ($36.00 U.S. / $43.00 CDN)


Prized Pale Peach (S) (L.E.)
Burmese Beauty Frosty brown green (L) (L.E.)










Skintone 2 Dirty gold (F) (L.E.)
Showstopper Rich black brown w/ slight gold sheen (M) (L.E.)




This Quad is very pretty in the palette, but in application and versatility of the colors I don't know if I would recommend the quad, except only to get the Burmese Beauty.




Prized was very hard to swatch, I had to swipe it many, many times to get the color to show. Might be because it is very close to my skin tone. Prized is a satin finish.

Burmese is the color that prompted me t
o get this palette. I haven't seen anything like it, and it doesn't take much to layer it. I must say after applying it the brown base showed easily but the green was hardly visible. I layered it a bit more and the green came out but was still hard to see, but in the right lighting it glowed! Burmese is a lustre finish.

Skin Tone 2 was easy to swatch, so it was easy to layer and apply. The color has a brown base to the gold making it look like someone had their grubby little hands all over it at one point. Skin Tone 2 is a frost.

Showstopper is a dark brown black with a slight golden sheen to it. Probably one of the more versatile and usable colors. If you missed this pallet and must have this color I hear that this is the billionth time Showstopper has been promoted in a collection. It will come around again. Showstopper is a matte finish.


Lipstick ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
To Pamper
Peachy taupe (L) (L.E.)
Liquid Lurex Tarnished Gold base w/ Pearl micro glitter (D) (L.E.)




To Pamper goes on smooth, the texture reminds me of velvet. Kind of stick but not too sticky kind of slick but not too slick. The color gives my lips an almost nude lip look, just a touch cooler.





Liquid Lurex doesn't show well in pictures since it it made up of micro glitter. All glitter! I changed my mind on this item and purchased it after I tested it out at the MAC counter. I now really understand why you need to see things IRL to know it's true beauty. Since Liquid Lurex is made up of glitter there is quite a bit of fallout after a short time of wear, but it stays mainly on your lips for quite a while.


Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)

Antique Green Forest green with green pearl (F) (L.E.)


Antique Green is a forest green that has a green based pearl to it. It has a frosty gold to it but not out of control. It was easy to layer, and was pretty dark with only one swipe.


Thanks for reading hope this was helpful.

Jamie~

No comments:

Post a Comment