Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Too Faced ~ Primed & Poreless

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer
$30.00 net wt. 1 oz.


Primed and Poreless is sold as a stand alone face primer to be wore on it's own if you so choose. Now if you have flawless skin then this might be a good face brightener and primer before your bronzers and blushes. If your like me with stress acne and scars from picking those pesky little bumps you just could not leave alone, this product claims to have vitamins A & C, Mulberry extract, and Retinol. All of which have great properties to help along the promotion of cleaner, healthier looking skin.

Quick run down on the touted extras in this formulae. Vitamin A has retinoids that help treat acne, while vitamin C has antioxidant properties and helps collagen production. Mulberry extract helps lighten skin and if it could target just the dark spots on my face this would be my number one beauty product, but I don't think it discriminates. Ha ha. Retinol helps to minimize pores, hydrate, firm, and detoxify the skin.

Now that the school lesson is over, the review. (I had no clue and had to look them up too.) For the most part it actually does what it says. I am just about to finish my first bottle which I bought around the end of August, but I believe that after prolonged use, this products claims would become obviously noticeable. It has a pinky-beige color which doesn't do much for added color coverage. My pores seem minimized while I am wearing it which is a plus! It doesn't dry out the face and helps cover dry skin spots, while filling in super fine lines and adding a silky matte finish to your skin. It doesn't feel to heavy or sticky. It is however very slippery so a little bit goes a long way and having too much on your face will take you from a Mona Lisa to a Dora Maar by Picasso in a couple hours. With the right amount on your face your makeup will last about 8-10 hours.



TFP&P comes in a cute pink squeeze bottle tube with an appropriately sized hole for dispensing small amounts of product. I foresee a nozzle amount (small) of product loss with this one since the packaging is pretty malleable. They skimped on the silver and black writing, it is a good thing I know what it is because the bottle is almost a solid pink with no writing on it!

I do like Too Faced Primed & Poreless face primer. No, WOW, factor but a definate curiosity on the continued use of it and whether the added vitamines and other extracts in the formulae are beneficial in the long run. I however am going to continue my search for the perfect primer.


Packaging:4/6, Value:7/9, Formulae:21/24
Overall: 78%


Do you have a face primer you love? Let me know.

Hope this is helpful and thanks for reading.
~Jamie Fox~

No comments:

Post a Comment